If you have time on Wednesday evening, the ESPN Zone in Baltimore’s Inner Harbor will celebrate National Girls and Women in Sports Day with a Q&A session featuring the following major female figures in the sports community:
- Katie Hoff – Olympic Swimming Medalist. She competed in six events at the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing and earned three medals.
- Amber Theoharis – MASN Broadcaster. She is an Emmy award winning sports journalist providing live in-game coverage and player interviews
- Missy Doherty, Towson University Women’s Lacrosse Head Coach. Doherty has coached at Towson for six years and has lead the women’s lacrosse team to two NCAA Tournaments
- Hillary Fratzke, Towson University All-American Lacrosse Player. Fratzke was a first-team all-American choice by Intercollegiate Women’s Lacrosse Coaches Association last year
- Nicole Sherry – Orioles Head Groundskeeper. Sherry is the second female head groundskeeper in the history of Major League Baseball.
The event will be moderated by Orioles broadcaster Jim Hunter and takes place on Wednesday, February 4, 2009 evening at 6 p.m. at the ESPN Zone in Baltimore’s Inner Harbor on 601 East Pratt St.
The public is invited to attend this free event and learn more about these women’s careers in sports.