The Minnesota Twins downed the Baltimore Orioles this afternoon in Grapefruit League action, 4-3, in Fort Lauderdale this afternoon. Ty Wigginton had three hits, and drove in a run, Gregg Zaun had two hits, and Luke Scott drove in a run; however, Matt Albers gave up two runs in the seventh inning off a Matt Macri two-run double that made the difference on Wednesday.
David Pauley — who might have now lost his shot at the rotation — went three innings and gave up two runs on eight hits. Minnesota’s Michael Cuddyer plated two runs — both Denard Span and Alexi Casilla got on base and scored — with a double in the first inning.
- After the game, Matt Albers was told that he’s not going to be considered for a starting spot.
- Peter Schmuck thinks that signing Pedro Martinez would help out the Orioles — I agree; however, I think he’s just a poor fit for the organization.
- Rock Kubatko says the Orioles will not be going after Pedro Martinez.
- Orioles Director of Scouting Joe Jordan had a few words about how the rebuilding project is going.
- It looks like Billy Rowell is moving to the outfield.
- Orioles are closely following what’s taking place in the WBC…
- Finally, the Bedard trade is looking better and better as time goes along – you have to read this...