It looks like the full workout — with the position players — like take place on Thursday. I’ll be looking forward to seeing the development from camp, and eagerly awaiting the first game taking place in the middle of next week. I am lamenting a little that MASN is only showing a handful of Spring Training games, but then again, I can watch on MLB.tv at work or when I can to keep up with the games.
At the moment, Koji Uehara — aside from perhaps Matt Wieters — has been the talk of the camp and the media (look at the photographers just there to shoot him). Pitching coach Rick Kranitz was impressed with the new acquistion as he threw his first bullpen session this morning; meanwhile, it looks like his teammates are making an effort to know him. He’ll be one guy I’m going to watch this spring, and let’s hope he shows us why the Orioles made an investment in him.
Here is a video from the Baltimore Sun website where Dave Trembley discusses Koji Uehara…
The other topic has got my mind spinning is Danys Baez and his wishes to be a starter in the rotation. With all due respect, sorry if my confidence isn’t all that high with Baez — I saw him one too many times in 2007 blow game after game — however, I hope he has recovered from his surgery and can leave his problems on the mound behind. I know he started years ago in Cleveland, so I guess he’d be better off attempting to be a starter and demoted to the bullpen than finding himself on the unemployment line.
Then again, let’s hope that everyone stays healthy.
- Rich Hill is set out to prove everyone wrong about his baseball malaise on the mound according to Jeff Zrebiec.
- Peter Schmuck believes that Matt Weiters should not rushed to the majors. He also has thoughts on Hayden Penn.
- Meanwhile, Brian Matusz is trying to take everything in during his first spring training camp.
- Spencer Fordin reports that Adam Jones has gotten bigger and is looking forward to having a breakout season in Baltimore.
- Jeremy Guthrie is serving as a mentor to many of the young pitchers on the squad.
- Tony Wisniewski of the Examiner wishes David Hernandez would be considered for a spot on the big league roster.
- Finally, check out this photo of Luke Scott — he looks like Wolverine from X-Men, eh?